SAA’s Principals work as a team in providing investment advisory services to our insurance company and risk pool clients. This allows SAA to bring to bear the significant experience of each individual and apply it collectively to the needs of each client.
● Alton R. Cogert, CFA, CPA, CAIA, FDP, CGMA, President and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Cogert formed Strategic Asset Alliance in 1994.
● Currently, Mr. Cogert is an Independent Member of American Fidelity Assurance Company’s Senior Investment Committee. Previously, he has served as a technical advisor to the NAIC Invested Assets Working Group. He is a former member of the Board of Directors and former chairman of the Investment Committee of the National Alliance of Life Companies.
● Prior to SAA, Mr. Cogert accumulated more than 20 years of financial institution experience, including over 10 years experience in senior financial management. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst, a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst and a Financial Data Professional Charterholder. Mr. Cogert holds a BS from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from the University of Southern California.
Phone: (360) 255-2500
● Daniel G. Smereck, Managing Director, is the primary consultant for SAA’s governmental risk pooling clients. Mr. Smereck has over 20 years of experience across investments, insurance, corporate finance, statistical analysis, and information technology.
● Prior to joining SAA in 2003, Mr. Smereck was Senior Vice President and Chief Investment/Information Officer for a large, regional medical malpractice insurer where he was responsible for treasury, asset management and information technology.
● Mr. Smereck has a BS in Managerial Finance, an MBA from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and an MS in Finance from the Carroll School of Management, Boston College.
Phone: (360) 255-2500 ext. 106