Our focus and responsiveness are key advantages for insurers and government risk pools.
Your organization is a key part of our business and our different relationship levels allow us to personalize our approach and customize our services to what best meets your needs. This, along with our seasoned staff, is what truly separates us.
We Only Partner with Insurance Companies and Gov’t Risk Pools
- For 25 years (and counting), we focus only on insurers and risk pools
- We are recognized experts in the space
- Our business model is different and our approach is personalized
- Our work is a passion, not just a job
Experience & Perspective
- Each SAA Principal is a former Senior Insurance Investment Executive
- We provide a broad, deep expertise across the various lines of business
- We combine a vast knowledge of investments with a detailed understanding of the insurance and pooling businesses
- We provide insight on industry best practices and how process/strategies used by peers can be applied
- We guide clients in avoiding issues faced by many other insurers and risk pools
Resources & Unique Tools
- We provide all of our Partner Clients various tools and resources in helping them achieve their investment goals:
- InsurerCIO’s performance measurement, peer group analysis, and various reports, white papers and updates.
- Manager Select, a proprietary database of managers with fixed-income, insurance specialization.
- SAA’s Risk Pooling Peer Group, a proprietary database for Risk Pools to compare their company directly with other Pooling organizations in a blind peer analysis.
- The Insurance Investment Forum, an opportunity to share ideas with peers, investment managers and SAA with a mix of presentations, panel discussions and case study reviews.
- Investment Seminar for Gov’t Risk Pools, an event tailored specifically for governmental risk pools, reviewing the basics through what the most important investment issues for pools are currently facing.
- SAA Solutions, a cost-effective platform for insurers and risk pools under $25MM in assets to easily manage the investment process, while receiving expertise from SAA’s senior consultants.
- Uncertain Times: A CIO’s Journey, written by Alton Cogert offering the inside perspective of an insurer’s chief investment officer.
Independent and Privately Owned
- We have no conflict of interest with investment managers
- There are no soft dollar or other similar “behind the back” compensation