A SWOT Analysis will identify internal strengths, weaknesses, external opportunities and threats to each component of your insurance company or government risk pool’s investment process.
The SWOT analysis acts as a road map for future changes to the investment process.
We find a SWOT Analysis to be the best way to develop a blueprint and prioritization of how and where to improve the investment process.
A SWOT Analysis Reviews: | Request SWOT Analysis
- Strategic Asset Allocation: SAA evaluates target and ranges for major asset classes, taxable v tax-exempt mix, etc.
- Investment Policy: SAA reviews any ‘best practices’ that should be applied.
- Peer Group Analysis: SAA evaluates the appropriateness of the current peer group and identifies any essential comparisons.
- Investment Manager Responsibility & Evaluation: SAA assesses the capabilities of your investment manager(s), including insurance asset management experience, risk-adjusted performance, fees, etc.
- Portfolio Monitoring: SAA ensures all important measures are included, such as compliance, stress testing, risk exposures, etc.
- Performance Measurement and Analysis: SAA recommends measures missing from the evaluation process and identifies areas are of strength.
Example: SWOT Analysis – Investment Policy