Strategic Asset Alliance’s approach to investment policy leads Partner Clients to proactively manage the entire investment process on stronger, less volatile investment income.
At SAA, we review your insurer or risk pool’s policy to make sure that it encompasses industry ‘best practices.’ This is not a static process, as SAA updates clients with the latest issues impacting investments and how other insurers/pools are successfully addressing these issues within their policy.
New investment alternatives, changing regulatory and rating agency biases, and changing business conditions mean that, if you have not reviewed your investment policy in the last year, a “best practices” review is in order.
To help insurers and risk pools better understand the components of a quality investment policy statement, we’ve provided an overview of these “Best Practices.”
Why a Periodic “Best Practices” Review is Critical
- Provides peace of mind that the policy is relevant to today’s capital markets and the unique requirements of your insurer or risk pool.
- Protects your organization from the managers taking actions that have been a problem in other cases.
SAA’s Key Components of a ‘Best Practices’ Investment Policy
- Preamble – Who? What? Roles and Responsibilities
- Investment Return and Management Objectives
- Asset Allocation and Risk Management Guidelines
- Investment Performance Evaluation and Reporting
- Investment Policy and Guidelines Evaluation